[SailfishDevel] graphDB (gnome - tracker) on sailfish

Peter Kovacs leginee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 21:39:58 UTC 2016

I changed the topic to something more apropriate.
I took a brief look at tracker, and the goals and alround project sounds
interesting. It is a slight different direction I had in mind, thought.
But well it reminds me on how apple should have taggled their iOS
Datamanegment but failed to do this.

@Chris Adams: Do you refer on Problems with tracker within Projects on
Desktop or Embedded environments?
I think if you get Issues with DBus (seems to be core feature for
Tracker, yay) you get lost quickly without in depth knowledge. Maybe you
refer to that?

However I think if I try to make tracker ready for Sailfish as an
alternate way for storing Data instead of SQL RDBMS, you need more then
just tracker.
A Data API that connects QT / QML - way to handle Data with tracker is
vital for such a Project. And that in a way you can use the API with 80%
plus of the use cases when it comes down to store Information on your phone.
The API should make this tool work seemlessly. And I agree with Chris
Adams, right away, that this is realy challenging if this should beat
the experienced SQL way.

I have some Ideas thought. And at least a broader vision on what I had
before.

I will write some sort of concept in the upcomming weeks.

Is besides Andrej anyone else interested to share Ideas, requirement he
sees in respect of MetaData/ Data storage in general?

If it is only a small circle I would discuss this off the list, and come
back to you all if the concepts is ready. Then I would see a PoC and at
latest a Warehouse version.
currently this is based on hobby/freetime level. so I will need some time.

Thanks for the input so far!