[SailfishDevel] Resolution-independent in-app icons

Kimmo Lindholm Kimmo.Lindholm at eke.fi
Fri Jul 22 07:55:41 UTC 2016

> In theory you could use that to scale application's SVGs on device to target pixel ratio as post-install step, unfortunately it is ran as root and thus cannot be allowed for Store apps. Then you wouldn't need to hardcode the pixel ratios to build time scripts. I'll dig deeper to see what we could do there.

You could run scaling and svg to png (?) on first start, and use pre-scaled icons from QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::ConfigLocation) through e.g. your own QQuickImageProvider.
And use some version tag there too, if you want to regenerate them on update.

Or do scaling on the fly in the QQuickImageProvider and cache scaled images

-kimmo