[SailfishDevel] Transient notification categories

Andrew Branson andrew.branson at cern.ch
Mon Jan 11 20:09:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to improve the filtering of notifications in the pebble
daemon for Sailfish, and I stumbled upon the category property
'transient' in the QtCreator docs which it said indicated that a
notification would only be flashed at the top of the screen and not left
in the Events view. I thought that would be a good indicator of whether
the notification should be forwarded to the watch, so I did that, but
after that no messaging notifications were coming through at  all. I
checked the category files, and all of the messaging preview categories
have the transient property set, even though they are persistent on the
Events view. Can anyone tell me what's going on here? How does the
system decide which notifications end up on the events view?

Is there additional documentation about the notification system anywhere
that I don't know about? Someone mentioned that a new notification model
in SF2.0 would let us sidestep the '2 new messages' notification and get
the real preview text, so I'd like to find out about that too.

Thanks very much,

Andrew