[SailfishDevel] Push Service for Sailfish OS

Erik Lundin erik at lists.lun.nu
Mon Feb 1 19:14:32 UTC 2016

Den 2016-02-01 kl. 19:58, skrev george b:
> The only missing thing is a working push service to get a real user
> experience with a messaging application.
>
> Does anyone know something about that? I didn't find any good resources
> about this topic on the internet.

There exists a question about that at TJC [1]. One idea, described at
[2], seems to be to use an MQTT based service. Not much seems to have
happened the last years though.

I'm not involved in any of this myself but thought I could share what I
have seen, since I also think it would be nice with some push service
for SFOS.

/Erik

[1] https://together.jolla.com/question/9724/push-notifications/
[2] https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Middleware/PushNotifications