[SailfishDevel] First app (QML with some python) with some major problems

alien alien at rmail.be
Tue Dec 6 21:49:59 UTC 2016

I'm finally making my first app...

https://www.openhub.net/p/harbour-followme

Allthough it *works*, there's several things wrong with it:

(I already filed some issues on github myself, so i don't forget it)

1. When jumping to a specific chapter, on return from the dialog, the
replace on pagestack does not seem to work, I end up with the old page
before the new page.

2. I could not use a ListModel (in ListView) because it changes
subobjects

3. because i'm using regular object classes as model, i need to "assign"
it after every change.

4. in huge lists, this makes the app crash when using onReceived from
python (unless i don't "assign" it.

5. i'm sure there's tons of other things that i'm doing wrong or
inefficient.

I will appreciate all constructive criticism/pull requests/suggestions;
though i'm planning not to use any C++ in this app.