[SailfishDevel] About applications presenting a map interface

David van rijn davidvanrijn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 20:33:31 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

I definitely agree that there should be an easy way to add a map in any
application. This would make things so much more efficient. I believe there
were some mails earlier in this group about storing all the cached tiles in
the same place, so apps can share them.

A while ago i started with bulding my own
<https://github.com/unsanded/harbour-mapp> slippy-map application to do
just this. It uses Qt scene graph, so it should be really quick and
efficient. It is not finished yet (rotating and zooming are hard to
combine), but it might be interesting nontheless.

Cheers,

David