[SailfishDevel] 回复:Re: 回复:Re: could we support_hw_overlay_from_gst-droid?

Mohammed Hassan mohammed.hassan at jolla.com
Fri May 22 12:42:43 UTC 2015

On Fri, 22 May 2015 16:31:35 +0800
Halley <halley_zhao at sina.com> wrote:

> after  a thought, I think overlay can be added back in the following
> way:1. wayland-android-client-protocol.h supports passing
> ANativeWindowBuffer from wayland client to server.2. An
> object(WindowSurface) with same interface of ANativeWindow can be
> constructed in host; which meets the requirement of android codecs.3.
> then we can create gst video sink element which accepts
> ANativeWindow, gst can feed the WindowSurface to android
> codecs.finally weston receives ANativeWindowBuffer from media client,
> it has the option to assign this ANativeWindowBuffer to Overlay plane.

There is no need to add anything to wayland because all the needed
functionality is already there.

clients communicate already with the compositor using android native
buffers.

The only thing we need is:
1) a way to tell the sink to use the overlay
2) a way to tell the compositor to use the overlay for a certain buffer
3) A way to tell the compositor the "position" of rendering (x, y).
4) expose that to Qt in a simple way.

#1 is easy to achieve with a simple property
#2 is already implemented but I am not entirely sure
#3 is something that might or might not be there. Or maybe the overlay
can only be used for full screen rendering?
#4 is something I have no idea how to implement.

The question still remains: Does using the overlay bring any
improvement? Is it really needed?

Cheers,