[SailfishDevel] 回复:Re: 回复:Re: could we support_hw_overlay_from_gst-droid?

Mohammed Hassan mohammed.hassan at jollamobile.com
Sun May 10 17:49:06 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 09, 2015 at 10:14:08AM +0800, Halley wrote:
>  I don't have much idea on it as well.
>
>  I think EGLImage or texture id are concept inside one process, not able
>  to shared between two process (wayland client and wayland server). for
>  EGL application, drm buffer name is passed by wayland-drm protocol
>  inside libEGL.
>
>  some global buffer handle are required to share the buffer directly
>  from app to weston. like gralloc handle, dma_buf, or drm name.

This is an implementation detail. As long as we are using Android adaptation
and libhybris we already have Android native buffers which we can pass around.

We can always extend droideglsink with a mechanism that allows sending such buffers
directly to the wayland compositor without the app even noticing. The downsides are:
1) I have no idea how that can be implemented with QtMultimedia
2) The app might need to render GUI controls on top of the video which is the reason why
I suggested sub surfaces (But I don't know if it is supported or not).

Cheers,