[SailfishDevel] GStreamer usage

Mohammed Hassan mohammed.hassan at jollamobile.com
Sun Mar 29 23:46:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 01:00:33AM +0300, Andrew Penkrat wrote:
>  Hello!

Hi,

>  I found some QtMultimedia related issues in my app so I decided to
>  write my own backend for video playback using GStreamer 1.0. I'm not
>  familiar with it so I read through documentation and managed to write a
>  simple audio player.

What are the issues? Maybe they can be solved.

>  But what I can't understand is how am I supposed to play video on
>  Sailfish. I was exploring cameraplus but I only understood it uses
>  droideglsink and then the repository was deleted. I couldn't find any
>  other examples so I'm asking here for help.

It got moved here https://github.com/foolab/cameraplus due to Gitlab acquiring gitorious

GStreamer 1.x is not yet fully functional. If you want something that will work
then feel free to use 0.10 but it is obsolete.

GStreamer is not allowed in harbour (Jolla app store) but GStreamer 1.x will be
allowed once it becomes the default for the OS.

>  Do I need to use this sink? How should I use it?

The sink cannot be used alone to do the rendering, it's used in combination
with the nemo-gst-interfaces to provide you with an EGLImage which you then
can use for rendering.

Start with this:
https://github.com/foolab/cameraplus/blob/master/lib/qtcamviewfinderrenderernemo.cpp#L180

Feel free to ask :-)