[SailfishDevel] Bluetooth service discovery not working since 1.1.2.16

Aaron McCarthy aaron.mccarthy at jolla.com
Fri Mar 6 05:43:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 16:19:01 Richard Rondu wrote:
> I have fixed Qt Bluetooth like you described and it's working, a new rpm is
> under way.
>
> It's in my fork on github for those interested :
> https://github.com/lainwir3d/qtconnectivity/commit/5f42edc7ce404db1a9fe95087
> bf6c0866df40771
>
> Thanks again for the help !

A patch similar to this should be submitted upstream. This patch has has some
issues, blocking calls such as waitForFinished() should not be used. Instead
QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgentPrivate::start() should be changed to call
FindDevice() instead of CreateDevice(). CreateDevice() should only be called
from the on finished handler for FindDevice() if the device could not be
found.

Cheers,

--
Aaron McCarthy