[SailfishDevel] Update on SailfishOS roadmap

Soumya Bijjal soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com
Mon Jun 22 13:02:43 UTC 2015

Hello,

Last week, we released 1.1.6 software upgrade to all our users. 1.1.7 is
around the corner as well as 1.1.6 took longer to stabilize than usual.
With 1.1.7, you can expect
  - Toolchain upgrade to GCC4.8
  - Pulseaudio upgrade to version 6.0
  - Python upgrade to version 3.4.3
  - Perform filesystem maintenance checks before downloading the OS upgrade
  - Option to allow Android app's background services to start on bootup
(Settings->Apps->[app_name])
  - Option to force stop, clear cache and data of Android apps under
Settings->Apps->[app_name]
  - Improvements to WLAN connection issues w.r.t Android apps
  - Fixes to translation errors identified with 1.1.6 upgrade

During this iteration, our main goals are to have the new UI framework
in releasable condition and hunt down the critical issues blocking the
OS release for both phone and Tablet.

The roadmap page has also been updated:
https://sailfishos.org/developmentroadmap/

Regards,