[SailfishDevel] Deploy by copying binaries issue

Timur Kristóf timur.kristof at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:38:31 UTC 2015

Thank you Jussi for your answer! :)

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 11:17 +0300, Jussi Pakkanen wrote:
> On 11.06.2015 18:12, Timur Kristóf wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to deploy a Qt application to my Jolla. In the "Sailfish
> > OS
> > IDE", I set up the device and set the project to "deploy by copying
> > binaries". Then I hit the play button. After that, I'm getting this
> > error:
>
> Deploying with rsync writes its files to /opt/sdk/<projname> on the
> device. Can you check that /opt/sdk has the proper write permissions?

Permissions on the /opt/sdk folder:
drwxr-xr-x 1 nemo nemo 0 2015-06-09 16:36 sdk
(obtained using 'ls -l /opt/')

I think it looks right.

If this does not work then please provide some more information:

> - which OS are you developing on and which version of SailfishOS is
running on your device

I work on Fedora 22. SDK version is the latest (installed a few days
ago), and the OS version on the Jolla is 1.1.6.27

- if you create the sample project, does it compile and deploy correctly
with binary copying

The sample project has a spec file, and it doesn't fail. If I delete
the spec and yaml files from the sample project, I get the same error
as I get with my own application.

Note: I believe that "deploy by copying binaries" should work without a
spec or yaml file.

Best regards,
Timur