[SailfishDevel] How does the mer build engine compile for armv7hl?

Dirk Zimmermann me+sailfishos at dirkz.com
Sat Jan 10 11:13:59 UTC 2015

On 10.01.2015 11:15, jerome levreau wrote:
> for all project, click the project tab and add a kit, that all. Than select
> target from the build button (bottom left)
> to be able to deploy you have to add a device from tool->options->mobile ;
> dev mod must be enable (may need to reboot the phone) ; you can use the
> wifi ip, no need to plug a cable.

Yes, that is clear. I can use qtcreator to run apps on the simulator and
my device. But what is the build engine doing to build a project? Where
and how is the cross-compilation achieved?

The background is that I want to build haskell for sailfish.
Bootstrapping it directly on the device is probably taking a long time,
so I'm looking at the build engine. Since it's x86 I can probably use
existing haskell binaries and then cross-compile a haskell for armv7hl.
Or build hsqml apps for armv7hl in the buidl engine.