[SailfishDevel] Sailfish OS SDK December update available now
jarkko.lehtoranta at jolla.com
Mon Jan 5 14:30:45 UTC 2015
Today (January 5th) at 14:00 UTC we have published new installers and
repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK.
The installers for this release of the SDK are available at
http://www.sailfishos.org. If you have an older beta or alpha release of
the SDK, you should see an update notification in the SailfishOS IDE.
SDK content has been updated to match Jolla Release 22.214.171.124. Please see
below for detailed information of the changes.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are
reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those -
However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding
your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding
custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the
installation process so make your own backup of those before starting
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the
Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project
configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a
previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- Supported host platforms can be found from:
- For more information, please see the SDK Beta-Qt5 known issues list
SDK IDE (Qt Creator):
- Qt Creator version 3.1.2, which is the same as used in the October
- Updated Sailfish Silica help documentation
SDK Build engine:
- Build targets refreshed to Jolla release 126.96.36.199 level
- Updated rpmvalidator, which allows the new libraries to be used in
- Emulator packages refreshed to Jolla release 188.8.131.52 level
Installer / SDK Control Center:
- Several bugfixes in the updated Installer Framework
If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this
mailing list: mailto:devel at lists.sailfishos.org or write it up in
http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk'.
Jolla SDK Team
More information about the Devel