[SailfishDevel] Problem with SearchField hiding and clearing on text entry

Tadeusz Sośnierz tadeusz.sosnierz at onet.pl
Mon Feb 16 13:27:09 UTC 2015

Hey,
I started writing myself a little app with D&D spell list. Worked well
enough until I tried the search functionality. I'm using SilicaListView
with SearchField in it to grep through the QSqlTableModel, and when I
type one letter into the search box it clears itself and defocuses the
keyboard. The search still occurs, for that single letter that got typed in.

[1] is where I react on keyboard input. If I comment out spells.search()
line the issue with SearchField no longer occurs (but it's pretty
useless for obvious reasons). That makes me think that something on the
C++ side is wrong ([2]), but I don't see why it would affect the view so
dramatically.

Could anyone point out where did I screw it up? General code criticism
is welcome too :)

Best regards,
Tadeusz Sośnierz

[1]