[SailfishDevel] Update on SailfishOS roadmap

Jarkko Lehtoranta jarkko.lehtoranta at jolla.com
Mon Feb 16 16:02:03 UTC 2015

Tablet support will be provided in the SDK at some point and it will
include a possibility to test your apps in the tablet screen size as
well as other features from the new UI framework. In the mean time, if
you're interested in a hack, you can try changing the emulator
resolution manually by using vboxmanage in the terminal:
1. Get a list of the Virtualbox VMs and copy the UUID of the SailfishOS
Emulator: "vboxmanage list vms"
2. Write down the current resolution: "vboxmanage getextradata UUID
CustomVideoMode1"
3. Set a new resolution: "vboxmanage setextradata UUID CustomVideoMode1
720x960x32"

- I'm using a smaller resolution with the tablet aspect ratio as an
example, but you can obviously use the native resolutions also:
1536x2048x32 for the tablet and 540x960x32 for the phone
- I suggest testing only portrait resolutions for the moment
- The scaling of the UI components etc. might change in the future

-Jarkko