[SailfishDevel] Running application with customized environment using invoker

Dmitriy Purgin dpurgin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:23:37 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a .desktop file that launches an application with
customized LANG environment variable. I came up with the following .desktop
file (irrelevant entries removed):

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
X-Nemo-Application-Type=no-invoker
Exec=app-launcher.sh

app-launcher.sh is an executable bash script (irrelevant statements
removed):

#!/bin/bash

LOCALE=ru_RU
LANG=$LOCALE appbin

This all works fine until I use the invoker. I've added invoker to launcher
script like this:

#!/bin/bash

LOCALE=ru_RU  # real code has some checks to detect desired locale
LANG=$LOCALE invoker --type=silica-qt5 appbin

Now the app starts with specified locale but lipstick shows two windows
upon tapping on app icon: the first one appears immediately upon launch, it
shows loading indicator for some time, then disappears. The second one is
the actual app launched by invoker but it is always minimized.

I guess there's no way to modify environment in .desktop file.

I've also taken a quick look at invoker sources and it seems it can't
modify the environment for the application to be boosted either.

Can anyone please guide me if there is a way to do both: change application
environment and boost it with invoker?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Dmitriy Purgin