[SailfishDevel] Use of other aspects of Qt

Martin Kolman martin.kolman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 19:37:04 UTC 2014

> UI is QML or SDL, QWidgets are not allowed.
I would add some information to this - QWidgets are not allowed in
applications that want to be accepted to the Jolla store (Harbor).
They are still supported by Qt 5 and work on the Jolla devices, even
though they are not as optimized for mobile interface design as
QtQuick/QML and also the performance might be a bit worse.

So if you want to distribute your application in the Jolla store
(Harbor), don't use QWidgets. But if you don't care about Harbor,
and are fine with distributing over OpenRepos or other channels, you can
use them just fine.