[SailfishDevel] This is a test email

Chris Sparks mr_ada at cox.net
Sat Nov 22 17:11:12 UTC 2014

Hi Alex,

Yes this time I just created a new message to the address that the site
metioned.

I am replying to this one.  I am guessing that replying should be ok if
it is in
the tread of question?  Otherwise I'd have to create new messages each
time and copy
relevant Subjects and body content.

My email tool only has compose, reply and reply-all.  So my choices are
limited.

What is an MUA?

Chris
> El Saturday 22 November 2014, Chris Sparks escribió:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have now received two messages about thread hijacking, a term that I
>> am NOT familiar with so I went to

>> and saw the email "devel at lists.sailfishos.org" to send a fresh email to
>> the list (not a reply).
>>
>> I want to know if this is hijacking anything because I don't get it.
>>
>> I went to:
>> https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/thread.html
>>
>> And saw that all of my posts are top level ones.  So where am I hijacking?
> Yes, I was going to send a link to the archives, too, since I guess your MUA
> doesn't have threads enabled. I guess that the mailman version on
> sailfishos.org has a feature to reparent the message properly based on the
> subject. GMail skips completely the headers, I think, when displaying. My MUA
> (KMail) shows the threads like Andrey showed.
>
> Yet still your previous messages (not this one) had the "In-Reply-To" header,
> so I guess you did somethingn different this time.

---