[SailfishDevel] Tablet version SDK a.k.a 2.0

Luca Donaggio donaggio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 10:19:38 UTC 2014

CPU architectures are different, too: tablet having a 64bit Intel SoC,
while phone uses a 32bit ARM.
Currently every app in the Store is an ARM binary, so at least they all
need to be re-compiled for x86 and re-uploaded, as I doubt that the tablet
will sport an ARM compatibility layer.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Luciano Montanaro <mikelima at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Andrey is being ironic, I suppose, but it is a good guess.
>
> I don't think you need to care, though:
> The SDK will probably be updated a couple of times before "Sailfish
> 2.0", with interim updates...
> I think that, as long as your app works on a phone, it will work on
> the tablet. Maybe layout will not be optimal, but that can be fixed
> later on.
>
> Luciano
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Fabio Isgrò <fabio.isgro at messinalug.org>
> wrote:
> > So 4th week of May 15  or 1week of Jun 15 ?
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Andrey Kozhevnikov <
> coderusinbox at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> a week after OS update released, as usual :D
> >>
> >> 20.11.2014 00:52, Alex Smirnoff пишет:
> >>
> >> Is that already known when new SDK will be available?
> >>
> >> Could not wait to port Gcompris to Jolla.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Alex Smirnov

> --
> Luciano Montanaro
>
> Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
> no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams

Luca Donaggio