[SailfishDevel] How to create a nemo transfer-engine plugin?

Gabriel Böhme m.gabrielboehme at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 14 23:13:04 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

just a little status update, I created a new library via normal Qt 5.2
QtCreator and reopened the project later in Sailfish IDE.

So all the RPM stuff was not included and now it compiles fine. But you
need to install the nemo-transferengine packages in the build engine at
first. Also it helps to install transferengine stuff and
sailfish-browser in emulator, if you don't want to use the real device!

The library itself is recognized by nemo-transferengine, it shows up in
share menu and the QML page is loaded exactly.

But now I stuck a bit. Because I'm not sure, how to realize the API
login stuff. Because it seems there are only start()/cancel() recognized
by the QML site, but not my slot. An example is in the code:

https://github.com/AlphaX2/pocketshareplugin

Have a look here:
        pocketshareinterface.h
        pocketshareinterface.cpp
        PocketSharePlugin.qml (line 16)

I can't call check() method, because I get this error from QML:

        unknown:16 -
        file:///usr/share/nemo-transferengine/plugins/PocketSharePlugin.qml:16: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'check'

Any ideas?

My plan was to integrate a "checkLogin()" - if user is not logged in,
call and show all the needed stuff via the QML share page.

Maybe someone just created a share plugin?

Thanks, Gabriel.