[SailfishDevel] Add locale support to jolla calendar

E.S. Rosenberg es.rosenberg+sailfishos.org at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:43:17 UTC 2014

Well I solved it and now it's dependent on the locale (which by default is
not set on Jolla) so:

1. I am more then happy to submit my patches to Jolla, though you guys
claim 'closed source' every file I edited had a BSD license at the top.

2. To actually make this work properly jolla one or all of the following
environment variables need to be present LC_TIME, LC_ALL, LANG, by default
LANG is present but for people like me who want language A but locale B for
dates etc. so some way to set LC_* or at least LC_ALL would be cool.
I tried adding to my .bashrc but that had no effect for launching from the
launcher, from CLI it helpend of course.
I assume I need to add it somewhere in dconf but I'm not knowledgeable
enough about dconf for the moment...

3. The only issue I saw that may need a special exception is february where
adding an extra week before may look nicer, but this is an aesthetics issue
and as far as I can tell from the widget in gnome they don't mind having 2
weeks of the next month showing...

I tested it with locales: en_GB (monday), nl_NL (monday), he_IL (sunday),
ar_KW (saturday).

Should I publish the patches here or is that considered unacceptable
behavior on this list?
I will probably try to put everything up neatly on my github later... (ie
full files..)

Regards,
Eli