[SailfishDevel] Add locale support to jolla calendar

Pekka Vuorela pekka.vuorela at jolla.com
Thu Nov 13 12:25:04 UTC 2014

to, 2014-11-13 kello 02:25 +0200, E.S. Rosenberg kirjoitti:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to add support for locale (or at least firstDayOfWeek) to
> jolla-calendar, in the MonthPage.qml file I successfully made the day
> labels depend on the locale, but to actually shift all the dates over
> seems to be more of an issue.
>

> As far as I can tell this should involve the AgendaModel (found in
> nemomobile/nemo-qml-plugin-calendar), but I may be wrong.
>

> Either way I have 2 questions:
>
> 1. Am I on the right track?

AgendaModel returns events between start and end dates. It does not care
about localization details or where a week starts from.

> 2. Assuming I pull this off successfully what is the process for
> submitting the patch? A pull request on git? sending a patch to this
> list?

For changes in nemo-qml-plugin-calendar, a pull request in github.
Jolla-calendar itself is not open so we don't take patches. However,
there are some patches around people have been applying themselves.

Support for sunday as first day of week should go to
DatePicker&...Dialog. To be done at some point.
Not much votes yet on these, though:
https://together.jolla.com/question/26507/ability-to-set-firstdayofweek-in-jolla-calendar/
https://together.jolla.com/question/35138/can-i-change-the-first-day-of-week-in-calendar/