[SailfishDevel] Jolla release plan for high level features - update10
soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com
Thu Nov 6 08:38:41 UTC 2014
Here is a quick summary of our plans for this month.
Our current focus is towards enabling update10 to be a stable OS update,
therefore ironing out issues related to memory handling is the utmost
priority right now.
In addition to that, we expect to release the following improvements:
* Alphanumeric support in device lock
* Option to keep display on while charging
* Silence an incoming call by flipping the phone or by pressing the
* Snooze alarm by flipping the phone or by pressing power key
* Enable zram in kernel
* Edit a single occurence of a recurring event
* A way to set default reminder
Our implementation: on creating a new calendar event with reminder, the
reminder time set is saved and used as default for the subsequent new
calendar event entries.
* As protection against pocket calls, block touch input until proximity
sensor is uncovered
Since this also means any proximity sensor faults will render the device
practically unusable, it will be possible to temporarily disable
proximity sensor by triple power key press.
* Device lock can be activated manually by double power key press
Apart from finalizing update10, we will start the following activities:
- start the work to update to GStreamer 1.x (latest upstream version
- start the work on platform UI scalability, beginning with making
icons resolution independent and improving layout scaling
More information about the Devel