[SailfishDevel] Jolla release plan for high level features - update10

Soumya Bijjal soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com
Thu Nov 6 08:38:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Here is a quick summary of our plans for this month.

Our current focus is towards enabling update10 to be a stable OS update,
therefore ironing out issues related to memory handling is the utmost
priority right now.

In addition to that, we expect to release the following improvements:
* Alphanumeric support in device lock
https://together.jolla.com/question/19890/alphabetic-device-lock/

* Option to keep display on while charging
https://together.jolla.com/question/37616/keep-display-on-while-charging/
* Silence an incoming call by flipping the phone or by pressing the
power key
https://together.jolla.com/question/371/silence-incoming-calls-by-turning-the-phone-face-down/

* Snooze alarm by flipping the phone or by pressing power key
https://together.jolla.com/question/8559/alarm-clock-alarm-unintuitive/
https://together.jolla.com/question/35555/bug-power-button-not-active-during-clock-alarm/

* Enable zram in kernel
https://together.jolla.com/question/45055/suggestion-zram-swappiness-tweaks-more-performance/

* Edit a single occurence of a recurring event
https://together.jolla.com/question/27716/enable-edit-of-single-occurrence-event-for-repeating-calendar-event/

* A way to set default reminder
https://together.jolla.com/question/10327/feature-request-calendar-reminder-turned-on-by-default/

Our implementation: on creating a new calendar event with reminder, the
reminder time set is saved and used as default for the subsequent new
calendar event entries.

* As protection against pocket calls, block touch input until proximity
sensor is uncovered
https://together.jolla.com/question/11374/bug-accidental-unlocks-and-pocket-dialing-feature-req-disable-touch-screen-and-pwrbtn-when-proximity-is-detected/
https://together.jolla.com/question/9615/preventing-pocket-dialing-to-emergency-service-112/
Since this also means any proximity sensor faults will render the device
practically unusable, it will be possible to temporarily disable
proximity sensor by triple power key press.

* Device lock can be activated manually by double power key press
https://together.jolla.com/question/4339/locking-the-device-right-away-without-waiting-for-the-lock-time/

Apart from finalizing update10, we will start the following activities:
  - start the work to update to GStreamer 1.x (latest upstream version
1.4.3)
  - start the work on platform UI scalability, beginning with making
icons resolution independent and improving layout scaling

Regards,
Soumya