[SailfishDevel] qt5 ?

sfietkonstantin at free.fr sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Fri May 23 13:38:52 UTC 2014

----- Mail original -----
De: miketechn at gmail.com
À: devel at lists.sailfishos.org
Envoyé: Vendredi 23 Mai 2014 15:29:34
Objet: [SailfishDevel] qt5 ?

> Hi sorry if missed this previously on some announcement or mailing list,
> are there any plans / ETA to move the sailfishos SDK to qt version 5 ?

Hello ! Trying to not post with webmail client (not sure of the result)

The SDK uses Qt 4 to display Qt Creator, however you are already using Qt
5 to develop. Indeed SailfishOS is based on Qt 5. So technically, SailfishOS
SDK is already on Qt 5.

> Also, do you know if QML on qt 5 is much different from the current one ?

Developing with QtQuick in Qt 5 should be quite close to Qt 4. However, you
won't be able to develop apps like on Symbian or the N9. The API used on
SailfishOS for their UI components is called Silica, and you have the
documentation here:

https://sailfishos.org/sailfish-silica/

> btw I love the phone and I love to develop on it, QML is very relaxing!
> I have a neo, my primary phone is an n900 from years,
> had a firefox os (cheap htc) but is currently, sadly, very flawled by hardware and software problems
> and the jolla, I think, is the natural evolution of the neo and the n900.
> I loved it from the first moment, I'm very impressed by it, everything worked out of the box,
> which for a techie power user is not to be taken for granted.
>
> Also, the battery duration is from another planet, I don't know how you did it :)
> True that I don't use it with a sim card but it lasts ages!
>
> Btw number 2, sorry .. what about lte support ? :)

LTE support is coming with the next update, as stated in this mailing list
already:

https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2014-May/004253.html

> I work with phones, as many of you I had dozens, from the first StarTac ones :)
> The Jolla phone and Sailfish OS beats, destroys, pulverizes, hands down, everything else I've used and > I use now.
> The usability (gestures) is genius, very quick and natural, and still power user.
> And it is OPEN .. so fresh and inspiring!!
>

> Thanks and have a nice day, pls stop the drama!

Have a nice day !