[SailfishDevel] Discrimination and abuse from Jolla employee Thomas Perl

Goulagman goulagman at gmail.com
Tue May 20 20:13:29 UTC 2014

Hi Filip,

*TL;DR: read only the bold paragraph.*

I am not interested in personal problems either. However, from what I read,
I understand that you only posted here as a last resort. I think that other
people could take that into account before making any critics.

Your mail is very dense, maybe that is why it is hard for people to give an
accurate answer. So, if I take apart the private concerns, and what
happened before Jolla, that leaves me with two points: IRC and Metalab.
Regarding IRC, I can see on the log that your questions remained unanswered
until somebody higlights thp. But, given the length of the logs, I don't
know if it's accidental or not. So I will left this point apart too.

That leaves me with the *Hack-a-Jolla* event. You claim that Thomas Perl
has asked the organizer to exclude you from the event. I think that this
can be checked easily by mailing Christian Ratzenhofer. For me, this is a
very serious concern, especially because he acts as a representative of the
Jolla company. I think that this affects each and every person in the
mailing list as anybody could be kicked out of any event because of
personal reasons.

*So I think that an official answer from Jolla is required on these
particular questions: Apparently, a request has been made by one of your
employee to exclude a developer from a public event. Could you clarify the
situation? Do you confirm that this has happen? If so, what was the
motivation? Has Filip received proper apologies if this problem was on your
side? Can you ensure that it won't happen again?*

I'm not pointing fingers at Jolla, I just tried to raise up the questions
that are pertinent in this list and could be of interest for other people.

I'm afraid that without any further proofs of people supporting one side or
another, we can't go further on this complaint. But that's only my opinion.

Best,

Alex.