[SailfishDevel] Jolla release plan for high-level features - update 6 / 7

Soumya Bijjal soumya.bijjal at jollamobile.com
Thu May 15 14:50:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As agreed in the community meeting on May 7, we will start sharing a
high level software release content plan after each iteration planning
day at Jolla. Based on the feedback received, we can re-visit the
agreement later and discuss how to make things better for all of us.

This reflects the current status. We are having a iteration planning
session soon where we hope to add more technical details on where we
intend to focus our efforts in software development.

We are currently mid way through iteration 4, in the implementation
phase for update7. In the meantime, we are finalising update 6 and here
is a glimpse of what to expect with this release:
  * 4G support for users in Finland, Hong Kong and Estonia
    https://together.jolla.com/question/2135/enable-4g-lte/

  * New events view sub-page for displaying Facebook notifications

https://together.jolla.com/question/590/show-facebook-feed-in-notifications-instead-of-opening-a-browser/

  * File picker and real tabs support in browser
    https://together.jolla.com/question/321/file-picker-needed/
    https://together.jolla.com/question/373/tab-reloading-browser-settings/

  * Personalise shortcuts on lockscreen pull-down menu

https://together.jolla.com/question/564/personalization-of-the-pulley-menu-in-lock-screen/

  * Support for additional Bluetooth profiles: PBAP and HID

https://together.jolla.com/question/274/pbap-bluetooth-profile-support-is-requested/

    https://together.jolla.com/question/1308/bluetooth-keyboard-support/

  * Support for traditional and simplified Chinese Handwriting
Recognition in virtual keyboard

https://together.jolla.com/question/1504/provide-simplifiedtraditional-chinese-handwriting-input-method/

  * Quick access to Sailfish OS updates in Settings

For the next update (update 7), we have planned the following new additions:
* LTE enabled for everyone
   https://together.jolla.com/question/2135/enable-4g-lte/

* Folder support in app launcher area
   https://together.jolla.com/question/291/folder-support-in-app-launcher/

* Google contacts 2-way sync

https://together.jolla.com/question/9444/bug-contacts-people-app-does-only-add-to-local-contacts-database/

* Save unsent messages as drafts when messages app is pushed to background

https://together.jolla.com/question/1224/bug-message-draft-is-deleted-when-moving-between-conversations/

* Option to clear browser history only

https://together.jolla.com/question/8233/browser-how-to-clear-the-browsing-history/

* Clean cookies from browser

* "Do not track" option under Browser settings

* Enable quick scrolling feature in Sailfish views

https://together.jolla.com/question/1154/no-way-to-quickly-navigate-through-a-long-list/

Disclaimer:  As discussed during the meeting, this is an intent of the
release content and not a promise. We will do  our best to keep you
informed on the changes since the planning.

Regards,
Soumya