[SailfishDevel] Adding tinc to mer-tools

Graham Cobb g+jolla at cobb.uk.net
Sat Mar 29 23:44:05 UTC 2014

I have taken the tinc rpm source from CentOS (tinc-1.0.23-1.el5.src.rpm)
and rebuilt it on my jolla phone (using rpmbuild --rebuild).  It seems
to work fine.

Can I contribute it to Mer so it eventually appears in the mer-tools
repository?  Can anyone point me to how I would start that?  Is it OK to
use a package from another distribution or would I have to go back to
the upstream tar and re-package it myself?

Alternatively, if Mer don't want it, I guess I have to look into
openrepos.  But would that mean I would have to create an app to use it?

Graham