[SailfishDevel] SMS for m2m communication

kaa at iol.cz kaa at iol.cz
Sat Mar 29 17:03:49 UTC 2014

Mikael, know you things: opensource, git, OBS service .. ??? With those things, openrepos wil be nice and safe place for users with brain. More safe then closed app in Harbour.
I like ideas as Maemo4-extras repo - only one way to this repo exist: automatic build from opensource "git" place. I know "this binary is builded from exact this sources".

Last words: exist more open and more safe solutions then Harbour only. :)

PS: problem "upgrade vs openrepos" packages is easy. High level apps (GUI) are not possible to break OS by simply "install". Unofficial libraries or OS tools: yes (problem with bash in last update). But: when OS reposes are wrong defined (without priorities), in this case is easy to destroy OS by any 3party package. I have openSUSE with zypper 5 years on few PC. With good priority setting isn't possible to break OS with worst priority unsupported packages. :)

PPS: excuse me for ugly english..

Radek "Kaacz" K.
--
Sent from Nokia N9 :)

Dne 29.03.2014 12:22 napsal uživatel Mikael Hermansson:

On Monday 24 March 2014 21.26.31 kaa at iol.cz wrote:
> Sad. Apps type as SuperSMS or PhoneAssistant (as on N9) not possible on
> Harbour. Good save openrepos. :) OK. My attention is more focussed to
> openrepos than harbour .. :)

Hmm, your signature is kinda ironic ;) One of the reason harbour does not
allow SMS is to be safe from risk for developers not misuse or by mistake send
SMS:ses without user knows it or viruses, malware etc?

Now you prefer unsafe operrepos thats allows everything. And we already knows
people got problems with they'r phone when upgrade to latest version and some
(not all) reasons are because of apps in openrepos.

I dont say openrepos is bad BUT restrictions is needed for reasons. Openrepos
is a playground for testers and developers which can be great. But NOT
something I recommend for endusers software.

As stated here already I think there need to use an more controlled extra
repos at merproject where developers can upload apps that later easy can be
pushed to harbour. And harbour- suffix should not be allowed on openrepos IMHO.

Point is developers should still support harbour as number one and instead
push ideas how to implement X/Y/Z without risk for malware/viruses etc...
I do not beleive openrepos is the solution.

--

Sent from my Lenovo Thinkpad X230 running Kubuntu desktop