[SailfishDevel] No QSerialPort

wsvries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 25 08:46:02 UTC 2014

Thanks,
Alejandro Exojo schreef op 2014-03-24 21:53:
> El Sunday 23 March 2014, Wim de Vries escribió:
>> So, it should be available in Sailfish.
>
> No, is available inside Qt, not necessarily provided for Sailfish.
I thought Sailfish would include all modules of Qt....

>> Have to recheck the errors, but it looked like the libs and headers
>> were
>> not there (QtSerialPort/QtSerialPort no such file).
>
> I already told you that you might consider copying the module to your
> application and bundle it. Or see if Qt Serial port is packaged for
> mer, and
> ask for inclusion (or package if is not). Any Qt addon is a safe bet
> since qt-
> project has some serious commitment to ABI/API stability.
I did this on the notebook Qt<5.1 versions of my app. (even a
boost-serial version before QSerial)
But doing this with Sailfish is far more complex:
it has to be available on the Mer VM and the Sailfish VM (and later
Sailfish device).
I am not experienced with VMs. The nice thing about using Qt is not
having to worry about the implementation (and updates) of the modules.
(The Sailfish (Target) manager is also not able to find the serialport
module).
I need all the time for porting to Sailfish, esp. C++GUI2Qml  ;-(
So, support for this module is a must for my app.

> Or just explain what serial port you want to use and for what reason,
> so
> Sailors see the need to do the work themselves... and satisfy my
> curiosity.
> ;-)
aircraft navigation+more app:
USB/serial device1:
-external GPS
USB/serial device2:
-air press sensor (altitude)
-humidity sensor
-temp sensor
No rocket science, works flawless on ubuntu notebook.

wim