[SailfishDevel] No QSerialPort

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Mon Mar 24 20:53:44 UTC 2014

El Sunday 23 March 2014, Wim de Vries escribió:
> So, it should be available in Sailfish.

No, is available inside Qt, not necessarily provided for Sailfish.

> Have to recheck the errors, but it looked like the libs and headers were
> not there (QtSerialPort/QtSerialPort no such file).

I already told you that you might consider copying the module to your
application and bundle it. Or see if Qt Serial port is packaged for mer, and
ask for inclusion (or package if is not). Any Qt addon is a safe bet since qt-
project has some serious commitment to ABI/API stability.

Or just explain what serial port you want to use and for what reason, so
Sailors see the need to do the work themselves... and satisfy my curiosity.
;-)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2