[SailfishDevel] Cover Page Image

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 12:49:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:22:20 +0300
Juha Kallioinen <juha.kallioinen at jolla.com> wrote:

> On 13.06.2014 21:16, Chris Walker wrote:
> >
> > Is this relevant to my problem above? I don't see how, but you never
> > know!
> >
> > error: unpacking of archive failed on
> > file /usr/share/scratchbox2/modes/sdk-build: cpio: rename failed -
> > Is a directory
> >
> > This was from an attempted update after the above failure.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is relevant to your original problem, but that
> error looks like one that might come if you update the MerSDK with
> zypper dup instead of letting the SDK updater update/replace all of
> the components. If this is the case, I suggest that you either let
> the updater do its job or do a complete reinstall of the SDK.

I bit the bullet and did an uninstall and a full reinstall having
deleted the SailfishAlpha folder in my home folder directory structure.

I'm now seeing lots of these errors in a Konsole window however :-

kfilemodule(15749) KDesktopFile::isAuthorizedDesktopFile: Access to '
"/home/chris/Sailfish_Git_Projects/GBG_Beertent/GBG_Beertent.desktop" '
denied, not owned by root, executable flag not set.

I didn't see them before the reinstallation.