[SailfishDevel] Call for Moderators ( ML, TJC, IRC)

Iekku Pylkka iekku.pylkka at jolla.com
Wed Jun 18 11:25:45 UTC 2014

Ahoy,

As a kind reminder :) To get things ongoing, please give your nomination before end of June 2014. :)

We need community help with moderating this mailing list, together.jolla.com and #sailfishOS channel on Freenode IRC. Idea is to have both Jolla sailors and community members as moderators to make decisions (when needed) together. So, please volunteer or nominate fellow community member as moderator by sending email to developer-care at jolla.com. Mail should contain at least nominated person's nick (for IRC) or email address (for mailing list) and where this person is nominated. Example: devel at devel.org for ML, devel for IRC. We will collect nominations and arrange a voting.

For TJC, the process is a bit different. There is already a call for moderators earlier this year [1]. Let's continue using this for nominations and voting.

Take a look at the community guidelines draft [2] and add your comments.

Regarding the responsibilities of a moderator/channel op, it is generally to make sure the community guidelines [2] are followed, to issue warnings when necessary, and in the case of TJC, you'll have in addition the tools to keep the posts organized (more info in [1]). We can provide a backchannel for discussions between moderators if the need arises.

If you are already fairly active in some channel (IRC/ML/TJC), being a moderator should not take up much more of your time. By being slightly more attentive and taking little steps in making the community work more harmoniously and efficiently together, you will probably even help save everyone's time in certain cases!

Let the nominations begin!

Br,
Iekku, Carol and Eric

[1] https://together.jolla.com/question/15847/doing-it-together-community-moderatorscontributors-wanted/