[SailfishDevel] issue with SDL2_mixer and mp3 files

Iosif Hamlatzis i.hamlatzis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:45:05 UTC 2014

Out of the blue (but after updating to 1.0.7.16) I am having problems

The code fails to load a shared library libsmpeg2-2.0.so.0 and reports
there is no such shared object.

Using the zypper command utility I couldn't find which library to install
in the engine image and which package to include as prerequisite in my
.spec file. I've found a shared library smpeg but not smpeg2 which is
required by SDL2_mixer

Another thing regarding the SDL2 libraries: have the source/header files
moved folder or maybe the search pat? Because in my code I had:

#include <SDL.h>
#include <SDL_mixer.h>
#include <SDL_ttf.h>
#include <SDL_image.h>

and now it doesn't compile and had to change into:

#include <*SDL2/*SDL.h>
#include <*SDL2/*SDL_mixer.h>
#include <*SDL2/*SDL_ttf.h>
#include <*SDL2/*SDL_image.h>

I have the above problem with a new game I'm writing but in order to verify
this I recompiled a game of mine that previously worked perfectly and have
the same issues.

PS
:-(
still waiting for SDL2 games to be allowed on the market