[SailfishDevel] Issue TextField - Could not resolve the prototype ‘TextBaseItem’ of ‘TextBase’ (M301)

Andreas Heil dr.andreas.heil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:11:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I recently run into an issue with Qt Creator developing for SailfishOS, looking for some help here.

I try to use an TextField (same issue with TextArea).

Qt Creator tells me there is an issue when using the TextField/TextArea:

Could not resolve the prototype ‘TextBaseItem’ of ‘TextBase’. (M301)

Example code looks like

 TextField {
        id: deviceNameField
        placeholderText: qsTr("Device Name")
 }

I have described the overall issue, including the Dialog/Page code and Qt Creator screenshots here: http://www.aheil.de/2014/07/10/fighting-qt-creator-develpoing-for-sailfishos/

I did follow the examples from sailfishos.org. I currently run out of ideas where to dig next.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Regards,
Andreas