[SailfishDevel] LED Flash functionality on a real Jolla: using policy engine

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Jan 26 17:57:54 UTC 2014

Hi Mohmammed

following your suggestion earlier in this thread:
"You will also have to make use of resource policy engine to arbitrate
access to camera."

I have updated this demo:

https://github.com/sailfishapps/ThrowawayDemos/tree/master/Working/GSTTorch2

to do so using nemo-qml-plugin-policy. As far as I can tell from
testing with my torch app and the camera app, it works.

I chose this approach because it seemed the easiest and
best-documented (basically the readme at
https://github.com/nemomobile/nemo-qml-plugin-policy was enough).

I considered writing C++ code to directly access libresourceqt, but
baulked at the code I would have to write just to get permission for
the LED.

My question is: is using nemo-qml-plugin-policy to get resource
permissions a valid method for Sailfish apps? Or is there an even
better way?

I have found no documentation on the topic of Sailfish and resource
policy engine, other than source code ...

Thanks