[SailfishDevel] LED Flash functionality on a real Jolla

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sat Jan 25 16:50:53 UTC 2014

Mohammed et al

I have just posted the code of my demo Flashlight app to Github

https://github.com/sailfishapps/ThrowawayDemos/tree/master/Working/GSTTorch2

This uses Gstreamer, and in its current form is far from Harbour compliancy.

It exposes a torch to QML using the Jolla LED flash that can be turned
on and off, and changed from Beam mode to Flash mode.

So far the main focus is on the "back-end" c++ part, as I require this
functionality as part of my main app.

As and when time permits I will enrich this demo including:

* use of resource policy engine to arbitrate access to camera
* expose flash rate to QML as property so it can be changed from GUI
(e.g. with a slider control).

Have fun

Chris