[SailfishDevel] How to automatically start a daemon with systemd

Luca Donaggio donaggio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 09:41:40 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'v written a small personal (not looking for harbour approval here) C++
app which periodically connects to a web service and displays some
information into a notification via DBus.

This is the .service file which I've deployed in /etc/systemd/user:

[Unit]
Description=My own daemon
Requires=dbus.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/invoker --type=generic /usr/bin/myowndaemon

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

after the usual:

systemctl-user daemon-reload
systemctl-user start myowndaemon.service

it correctly starts.

Now if I issue a:

systemctl-user enable myowndaemon.service

and I reboot my Jolla, it doesn't automatically start.

This is my first attempt with systemd, I tried googling around but I didn't
find anything helpful.
Wht am I missing?

Thanks a lot,

--