[SailfishDevel] SMS issues/wishes

Seppo Tiainen seppo.tiainen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:54:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to add two more items to the SMS wish list:

1) If you use Qt.openUrlExternally("sms:" + smsNumber + "?body=" +
smsText); in your app you will not be returned back to the app but you will
have to close the sms sending UI (at least when cancelling) and this may
result in some kind of stack error (?) in some cases (black screen,
reboot). I think a fix is needed. - The same method for tel: works great!
Please don't change that.

2) Regarding item 1), there is no display of the recipient (number/contact)
of the SMS when you are supposed to finally send the text. Risky if not
swiping to see more info?

regards,
Seppo