[SailfishDevel] x-maemo-urischeme problems

Vesa-Matti Hartikainen vesa-matti.hartikainen at jolla.com
Mon Jan 13 09:10:04 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 08:02 PM, Andreas Storbjörk wrote:

> I've been trying to register a uri scheme handler, something like
> "myapp://xxxxx", so that when Sailfish browser tries to open such an
> url, it would open my app and pass the url as argument. But so far
> I've had very little success.. it seems to work if I use the
> "lca-tool" command to verify it but nothing happens in Sailfish
> browser when visiting such an url. It just tells me "myapp is not a
> registered protocol". I can find my handler in
> /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache and it looks ok.
>
> Is there something besides editing the .desktop file and running
> "update-desktop-database" that I still need todo to make it work?

  You can make a protocol handler and use it between applications in
Sailfish OS and that is what you have. However, Gecko only maps specific
predefined protocols to ones available in system. See:
https://github.com/tmeshkova/embedlite-components/commit/af49c55c20809d419ab02e3512120bca3654492c

Writing a similar protocol handler for Gecko and installing it from your
package might be technically possible, but might not be accepted to harbour.

--
Vesa-Matti Hartikainen
Jolla Oy