[SailfishDevel] QGeoSatelliteInfoSource in Sailfish

Aaron McCarthy aaron.mccarthy at jolla.com
Mon Jan 13 04:21:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 15:15:13 Marcel wrote:
> I'm trying to get satellite information using QGeoSatelliteInfoSource, but I
> cannot create a default source. Is it not implemented in Sailfish? I know
> that Sailfish is using Geoclue, and there is a commit in Qt for supporting
> the Geoclue Satellite interface:
>
> https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtlocation/commit/e09d297894a8b4ff9b06317169b5a9
> eb97aa7162
>
> Is this missing in the Sailfish-Qt-packages? Is the satellite interface
> missing in the Sailfish-Geoclue? Is it another problem? Can I access the
> satellite information in another way?

Unfortunately, due to a build configuration issue, the satellite interface is
not available in the current released version. The issue has already been
fixed and will be released with a future update.

> Another small partly related problem I found then using the GPS is the
> following: If you use QGeoPositionInfoSource the VerticalAccuracy and the
> HorizontalAccuracy are always the same, is this normal behaviour?

This is expected behaviour. Only a single accuracy figure is given by the
hardware and is used as both the vertical and horizontal accuracy.

Cheers,

--
Aaron McCarthy