[SailfishDevel] qml PositionSource element gives error: QMetaMethod::invoke: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QGeoPositionInfo'

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Jan 12 16:02:46 UTC 2014

Hi All

In an attempt to track down the source of this problem, and possibly
even solve it, I have created a throwaway demo posted to Github under:

https://github.com/sailfishapps/ThrowawayDemos/tree/master/Kaputt/PositionSourceDemo

The demo is basically a standard Sailfish new project, with a QML
PositionSource element added to FirstPage, and the start() method
called in a Component.onCompleted on that Page.

To actually get into the nitty-gritty of the code where the problem is
likely to be, I have also copied in C++ code from QtPositioning. I am
not sure if this identical to the code used in the Sailfish build of
Positioning, but it is probably close enough. This "in-line"
PositionSource element is imported by "import PositionSource 5.2"

Switching between the standard import and the in-line import is by
comment in / out the import statement(s).

Of course, the problem may not be in the code at all, maybe I am
missing some essential package or plugin on my Jolla ..

Grüsse

Chris

Zitat von christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch: