[SailfishDevel] QGeoSatelliteInfoSource in Sailfish

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Jan 12 14:59:01 UTC 2014

Hoi Marcel

Good to see a fellow Sailfish GPS hacker at work.

I am fighting with PositionSource (in QML), but have not got as far as
SatelliteInfoSource on a real device - but I hope to soon, as the app
I am porting has a C++ plugin to expose SatelliteInfoSource to QML.

You don't state what target you are using.

If your target is the Emulator, then I don't think you will be able to
get SatelliteInfoSource working. Evidently the Emulator has no real
GPS hardware, and as far as I know there is not (yet) a working
simulator plugin that would provide SatelliteInfoSource.

You should find a thread on this topic in this mailing-list from
around Christmas time.

Grüsse

Chris