[SailfishDevel] No inbox?

Valerio Valerio valerio.valerio at jollamobile.com
Thu Jan 9 18:37:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 09/01/14 17:22, Chris Walker wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:02:17 +0200
> Valerio Valerio <valerio.valerio at jollamobile.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/01/14 16:05, Chris Walker wrote:
>>> On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 13:39:49 +0000
>>> Chris Walker <cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> [mega snip]
>>> Final comment on this. I created another new email account called
>>> jolla at the.. and went through the usual rigmarole of setting it up
>>> via the GUI. It failed to send. I then asked for help from the email
>>> hosting company who told me that no attempt had been made to log
>>> into the SMTP server. They suggested various tweaks to the
>>> settings, all to no avail although I did receive different errors
>>> on the phone.
>> What are the smtp settings you used for android mail app ?
> I followed these instructions - http://www.daily.co.uk/support?id=1021
> which is what I had already followed when trying to setup email on the
> native accounts program (daily.co.uk is my hosting company).
This seems like a common configuration, I checked the login methods and
can't see anything special, have you tried following settings for stmp:

username: your smtp username
passwor: your stmp password
server: mail.daily.co.uk
Secure connection: TLS
port: 587
Authentication: Encrypted password

This assuming that you are running 1.2.5(latest update).

Please let me know if you still can't send emails.

> What I find a little frustrating is that when trying to setup IMAP for
> cdw_pcmail at the.. the phone would send but not receive - hence no inbox
> which is where this thread started - but now when I have created
> jolla at the... it can receive but not send. But I'm using all the same
> settings with the same server names and so on (for those UK readers, I
> am reminded of the Morecambe and Wise sketch with Andre Previn!).

This is rather strange, if the mailboxes use the same settings, IMAP and
SMTP should not affect each other in any way, sounds like some problem
in the settings entered.

Best regards,

Valério