[SailfishDevel] AAC support

Damien Tardy-Panis damientardypanis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 09:07:28 UTC 2014

Well it is said in the comments as well that:
"AAC isn't proprietary but in any case it's supported already. The media app quite happily plays AAC and it's part of the MPEG 4 standard so presumably required for video also.
The Sailfish browser reports it plays AAC audio too."

And I've been able to play some myself...

So something is "wrong" there:
- maybe some AAC types are not supported (AAC-LC, HE AAC, HE AACv2,..) ?
- or some kind of other limitations (no support from AAC streams,...)?

Would be great to have some kind of "official" confirmation for that (to know if this is normal or not)

Regards

Damien