[SailfishDevel] Using mailing lists on the Jolla

Timur Kristóf timur.kristof at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 13:18:38 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Since I read many mailing lists, I often want to reply to them while I'm
on-the-go, but sadly, it seems that you can't really do this on the Jolla.
I've found multiple bugs that basically render it extremely inconvenient
(or sometimes even impossible) to reply to mailing list messages with the
Jolla email app.

I'm actually not sure if anyone in Jolla ever tried to use a mailing list
with the device, otherwise their QA would've found these bugs very easily.

- When you hit "Reply" on a mailing list email, the "To" field of the reply
is the sender of the email, not the mailing list address.
- There is no "Reply All" on a mailing list email, only if it has multiple
recipients.
- Even if "Reply All" is there and you choose that, the mailing list
address is still not included in either "To" or "CC".
- When you get a message from a contact (contact = someone in your People
app), you can't edit the "To" field of the reply; meaning if you got a
message from someone on a mailing list who also happens to be in your
contact list, you can't even manually add the mailing list address to the
reply.

Has anyone else also encountered these bugs?
Can someone from Jolla confirm that there're people working on fixing them?

Thanks,
Timur