[SailfishDevel] Harbour: Rejections clarify

Reto Zingg reto.zingg at jolla.com
Fri Jan 3 10:26:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 03.01.2014 00:02, Mikael Hermansson wrote:
> It really is kinda frustrated whats allowed and not. Don't get me wrong
> but I hope more Qt stuff is allowed ASAP(like QtBlutooth module and
> QtSystem, NFC and some kind of crypto library)
>
> Now URadio is not allowed anymore and the only change was localstorage
> is used in new version? Rejected because I had dependies on:
>
> ERROR [gst-plugins-good] Dependency not allowed ERROR
>
> [qt5-qtdeclarative-import-localstorageplugin] Dependency not allowed ERROR
>
> [qt5-qtmultimedia] Dependency not allowed ERROR
>
> [qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediaplayer] Dependency not allowed
>
> now I can understand that gst-plugins-good was rejected because its not
> on the list but the others? (Notice gst* was okey first version...)
> actually I think that lib is on the phone but not in emulator...

This is a new check (the Requires section of the rpm), which we just
lately added. A big sorry qt5-qtmultimedia and
qt5-qtdeclarative-import-localstorageplugin we failed to whitelist in
the requires section, but is allowed to link against, resp. use the QML
import. Store QA will start using new whitelist soon.

gst-plugins-good and qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediaplayer
are on device by default. Apps should not require this packages. Please
remove it from your requires section.

br
Reto