[SailfishDevel] No inbox?

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 11:18:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:50:08 +0200
Jonni Nakari <jonni at egarden.fi> wrote:

> On 02.01.2014 12:23, Chris Walker wrote:
> > As I appear to be the only one with this problem, it's plainly not
> > something that should trouble the development team.
> I had a similar problem when I tried adding my free Gmail account
> using Microsoft Exchange account type. No errors were displayed when
> creating the account or checking mail.
>
> I might have also seen this problem when I mistyped some settings on
> a imap type account, but not sure about that.
>
> I suggest that you re-create and double check all you account's
> settings. You might get some additional debug information by enabling
> the developer mode and running "journalctl -f -a" as root when first
> saving the account and when checking for new mail.

This is an IMAP account.

It is now declaring 'Problem with sync' so that does suggest a typo
somewhere but I have checked and rechecked all the account information.
I'm tempted to take a look at the accounts.db file to see what that
holds.

I'm having difficulty getting into 'su' mode at the moment as I don't
recall setting a password. So when I've sorted that out, I'll run the
journal command as well to see what it throws up.

Thanks for your help.

As an aside, having switched the device off just now but with the USB
lead from my PC still plugged in, it displayed the battery information
on screen. I like that and prefer it to the N900 style of just blinking
the LED.