[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK in /opt

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Wed Jan 1 18:19:36 UTC 2014

Hi Marcin

That is black and white confirmation that the SDK VM is not installed.

You mentioned an earlier alpha. My (educated?) guess is that a remnant
of that was still around when you installed the latest SDK.

Maybe you should a complete (yes complete) deinstall, then reinstall.

My experience is that before upgrading you need to deinstall, then
hunt all out all the hidden directories and remove those (.scratchbox2
etc.). If you search the archives of this mailing list you will find
reference to them.

Upgrading a Sailfish SDK reminds me just a little of upgrading Oracle
on Windows: hunting and eradicating every trace in the file system and
registry before install the new version ...).

Now I need to get a loaf of bread out of the oven ... It's smelling good!

Grüsse

Chris