[SailfishDevel] Question regarding porting SDL & OpenGL game to Sailfish

Thomas Perl th.perl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:41:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 2014-02-10 20:27, Iosif Hamlatzis wrote:
> I have a couple of questions using the IDE, I would like to inform
> that I'm developing on Windows and my games use extensively SDL with
> OpenGL ES.
>
> As I don't use Qt I tried to create a plain c++ project and I tried
> both options using either qmake or cmake but I cannot make my code see
> the SDL libraries (SDL, SLD_ttf, SDL_mixer, SDL_image)
>
> Are there any related samples?

There's https://github.com/mer-qa/sdl2-opengles-test/, which works as a
test and shows also how to create an OpenGL ES 1.1 or OpenGL ES 2.0
window, how to use the image, mixer and ttf libraries, and how to
package apps (.desktop file, etc..).

Which SDK are you using? The Qt Creator one or just the Mer Platform
SDK? Or SSH into the SDK VM from the Sailfish SDK? If you ssh'd into the
SDK VM, and cloned sdl2-opengles-test, doing "mb2 build" in there should
work; it should pull in the build-dependencies, and then build the RPM
in a "RPMS/" folder below the sources.

HTH :)
Thomas